Moving America Forward Grassroots Toll Kit
IBTTA’s Moving America Forward Campaign is building momentum and YOU can help!. Read about our efforts in a letter to members from 2013 IBTTA President, Javier Rodriguez.
One of the simplest things to do, to get started, is to immediately place a link on your website to IBTTA’s website and to the Moving America Forward campaign page.
- Download the IBTTA logo and use this link www.IBTTA.org to connect to IBTTA’s homepage.
- Download the Moving America Forward logo and use this link www.IBTTA.org/MAF to connect to the Moving America Forward web page.
Educating the Media, Elected Officials and the General Public
The following tools provide you with ready to use content when communicating to the media, general public, civic groups, public meetings, etc.
- Using LinkedIn to Help IBTTA and Your Agency Reach its Goals
- Talking Points
- Meeting with Elected Officials
- Strength in Numbers – Engaging Members and Customers in a Call to Action
- General Media Tips 101
- Preparing for Television Interviews
- Template Letter to the Editor
- Press Release on National Infrastructure Week, May 11-15
- Press Release about the Moving America Forward Campaign
- Transportation and Tolling in the News (recent news stories to build upon)
- IBTTA in the News (recent articles to advance tolling)
Establish a social media presence to advocate, promote and deliver key messages regarding the benefits of tolling as well as to listen to your customers and correct misinformation. Join the conversation on IBTTA’s social media sites and share your sites with IBTTA.
- Educating the Media using Social Media
- IBTTA on Facebook
- IBTTA on LinkedIn
- Using LinkedIn to Help IBTTA and Tolling Agencies Achieve its Goals
- IBTTA – Moving America Forward Campaign for Tolling
- IBTTA on Twitter
IBTTA's Legislative Testimony and Priorities
Review IBTTA’s legislative priorities, add them to your priorities or select language from written testimony to support your local government and public affairs efforts.
- 2015 Legislative Priorities
- Testimony to the U.S. Senate’s Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Testimony to the U.S. House of Representatives’ Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
Fact Sheets and SmartMove Success Stories
The following publications are excellent support material for educating individuals about tolling. Use them as leave behinds when meeting with elected officials or local and state organizations. Have a story to talk about? Share it with IBTTA.
- Tolling in Brief
- Tolling the Interstates
- Debunking the Myths of Highway Tolling
- Facts in Brief
- By the Numbers in the U.S. and Europe
- Earning Public Support by Getting the Job Done – Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority
- Local Governments Take Charge of Toll Road Development – E-470 Public Highway Authority, CO
- AET Conversion of the Golden Gate Bridge – Golden Gate Bridge, Highway & Transportation District, CA
- Hampton Toll Plaza Open Road Tolling Conversion, I-95 – New Hampshire DOT, Bureau of Turnpikes
- I-95 Economic Impact Assessment – North Carolina Turnpike Authority
- North Carolina Triangle Expressway – North Carolina Turnpike Authority
- Bus Toll Lanes (BTL) Proof-of-Concept Study – Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Authority, FL
- I-85 Express Lanes – HOV to HOT Conversion – State Road & Tollway Authority, GA
- I-15 Express Lanes – Traveler Choice and Greater Mobility Along a Busy Highway Corridor – San Diego Association of Governments
Add these videos to your video library on your website. Share with the media.
- Moving America Forward – 2014, Congress and the Surface Transportation Reauthorization
- Moving America Forward – Pat Jones appears on AASHTO TV and talks about IBTTA and Tolling
Share Your Stories and Ideas with IBTTA
Contact Bill Cramer, communications director, with questions, tools to add to this dynamic Kit or for advice and counsel.