Communications and Administration Workshop
March 12-14, 2017 - Tampa, FL
- Questions relating to presentations can be directed to Cheryle Arnold.
- To receive a form for professional development hours, please email Harry Smith.
Transportation Policy & Politics
This was a panel discussion. There were no formal presentations given.
Moderator: Patrick Jones, IBTTA
- Greg Bedalov, Illinois Tollway
- Diane Gutierrez-Scaccetti, Florida's Turnpike Enterprise
- Samuel Johnson, Transportation Corridor Agencies
- Cynthia Ward, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Cyber Security - Managing Threats to Customer Data and Privacy
Moderator: Rosa Rountree, Egis
This panel presented one presentation and contributed to moderated discussion.
- Andrew Lenzen, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Adam Losey, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Waseem Naqvi, Raytheon HTMS
Communications Track: We've been Hacked! Responding to Customers in the Digital Age
Moderator: Cherie Gibson, HNTB Corporation
Administration Track: Winning the War for Talent
Moderator: Jacob Kramer, E-470 Public Highway Authority
- Robert Bertini, Center for Urban Transportation Research
- Alfio Carroccetto, The Omnia Group, Inc.
- Alexa Pecorella, E-470 Public Highway Authority
- Jerry Wood, Soldier for Life
Administration Track: Procurement - The Pros and Cons of Bundled vs. Unbundled Customer Service
Moderator: James Hofmann, North Texas Tollway Authority
- Russell McCarty, Jacobs Engineering Group
- Scott Sorensen, Faneuil, Inc.
- Carlos Vargas, Florida's Turnpike Enterprise
Administration Track: Legal Challenges in Tolling
Moderator: Marcelle Jones, Jacobs Engineering Group
Communications Track: Crisis Communications - Creating a Working Plan
Moderator: Kimberlee Poulton, Florida's Turnpike Enterprise
- Kimberly Jackson, North Texas Tollway Authority and Eliza Perez, Riverside County Transportation Commission (combined presentation)
- Lorie Gray and Kelli Roberts, Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (combined presentation)
- Anthony Pickett, The Federal Bridge Corporation Limited
Best Practices in Organizational Alignment and Team Engagement
Moderator: Greg Hulsizer, HNTB Corporation
- Tim Anderson, TxDOT
- Barbara Davis, Florida's Turnpike Enterprise
- Barbara Gannon, GannonConsult (These slides provided discussion points and comments for each presentation).
- Michelle Maikisch, Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX) (Michelle stepped in for Laura Kelley, who is listed in the program).
Communications Track: Website Optimization
Casey Self, Perceptics, LLC
- Carole Défossé, Association Européenne des Concessionnaires d’Autoroutes et d’Ouvrages à Péage (European Association of Operators of Toll Road Infrastructures)
- Orla Kearns, emovis
- Elizabeth Story, Atkins N.A. and Steve Pustelnyk, Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority (combined presentation)
The Truth and Nothing But the Truth - How to Communicate with your Customers
Moderator: Diaz, Miami-Dade Expressway Authority
- Craig Bettmann, Cogensia, A CAC Group Company
- Megan Castle, High Performance Transportation Enterprise, Colorado Department of Transportation
- Francesco Del Pizzo, Telepass SpA
- Alison MacDonald, Halifax Harbour Bridges
Roundtable Discussions - Take Aways
- Facebook is Still King, Mike McGurnk, Transurban
- On the Record - Best Tips for Media Relations, Mindy Peterson, C2 Strategic Communications
- Internal Communication - Employees as Ambassadors, Percy Dangerfield, Maryland Transportation Authority
- Say This Not That...Most of the Time, Greg Alcorn, Global Contact Services
- Willing but Not Quite Able to Pay -- Serving Lower Income Customers (Virginia's Toll Relief Program), Grindly Johnson and Shannon Marshall, Virginia DOT
- Employee Tranining and Development -- Retaining Good Talent, Lauren Hakos, Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission (►Cost of Not Providing Traning; ►HR Trends; ►True Cost of Not Providing Employee Training)
- Organically Growing a Diverse Workforce - Finding and Refining Employee Talent, Mary Brooks and Jill Cappadoro, Quest Corporation of America (►FDOT Roadway Construction Recruit Program; ►Construction Careers Workers Needed)
- Working with Small Business Enterprises, Sandra Norman, Virginia Department of Transportation