Grassroots Toll Kit
Dear IBTTA Member,
IBTTA’s Moving America Forward Campaign is building momentum and YOU can help!
Two years ago, IBTTA launched the Moving America Forward Campaign. The goals of the public awareness campaign are clear:
- To educate elected officials at every level of government – mayors, county officials, state legislators, governors, Congress and the Administration about the benefits of tolling;
- To educate the media using traditional print and social media; and,
- To educate the general public about the benefits of tolling.
Our industry’s message is also clear and straightforward:
- Tolling is a proven, viable funding option; 35 states have toll facilities.
- The gas tax, while important, is not sufficient to support all of our surface transportation funding needs.
- Congress should allow states greater flexibility to fund their transportation infrastructure, including lifting the federal prohibition on tolling Interstate highways for the purpose of reconstruction.
Congress is working on a new Surface Transportation Reauthorization bill. Now is the time for your voice to be heard.
To assist you, IBTTA has created a Grassroots Toll Kit to educate elected officials, the media and the general public as well as enlist your employees and vendors in communicating this important message. You can best articulate and provide the local perspective and benefits of tolling in your community.
All of our online tools are available for your organization’s executives, board members, government affairs, communications and marketing professionals.
Please contact Bill Cramer, Communications Director, if you have any questions or require any of these materials in print.
Thank you in advance for your support and efforts. We look forward to making great progress together.
Patrick D. Jones
Executive Director & CEO