Toll Excellence Awards
About the IBTTA Toll Excellence Awards
IBTTA’s Toll Excellence Awards recognize the very best projects and programs the international tolling industry has to offer. Each year, we celebrate IBTTA agency and private sector members whose creative, innovative and positive programs set a new standard of excellence. By providing wide recognition for a job well done, the Toll Excellence Awards speed up the transmission of new ideas and emerging practices throughout the industry and to the driving public.
The Toll Excellence Award Call for Submissions is posted in the late spring of each year. Winners are announced by mid-July and are recognized in September at the IBTTA Annual Meeting & Exhibition. To be eligible for consideration, you must be an IBTTA member in good standing.
Submissions are accepted via the official application. Please download the submission guidelines and direct any questions about this program to Wanda Klayman at (202) 659-4620 x 22.
Deadline is May 8, 2017
Public Session Submission
Download Public Sector Guidelines
Private Sector Submission
Download Private Sector Guidelines
There are five categories for Public Sector Members (Toll Agencies) and one category for Private Sector Members. Up to three awards may be presented in the Private Sector Innovation category.
For the first time, Public and Private Sector Submissions are eligible for the President's Award in 2017.
► PUBLIC SECTOR
To be eligible to submit, your organization must be an Active toll agency active member of IBTTA.
IBTTA Toll Agency Members can submit projects within the following categories below. One award is given for each of the five categories.
- Administration & Finance - projects or programs related to administration, finance, human resources, law, risk management, project procurement, policy and government relations.
- Customer Service, & Marketing Outreach - projects or programs related to communications, marketing, social media, public relations, public outreach, business development and concessions.
- Social Responsibility - projects or programs related to social responsibility, community involvement, environmental mitigation and public education.
- Toll Operations, Maintenance & Engineering - projects or programs related to toll operations, customer service centers, engineering, maintenance, incident management and safety.
- Technology - projects or programs related to electronic toll collection, intelligent transportation systems, information technology, road technology, mobile applications and communication systems.
► PRIVATE SECTOR
To be eligible to submit, your organization must be a current Associate or Sustaining member of IBTTA.
IBTTA Members can submit projects in the following category below.
- Private Sector Recognition Award – Up to three (3) awards will be given to private sector members who submit a project or program that has in some way furthered the mission of IBTTA and the tolling industry. Specifically, the project or program must demonstrate relevance to the contemporary and future needs of the industry, and/or provide lessons, strategies, and techniques that can be used or adapted in other agencies.
► PRESIDENT'S AWARD
The President's Award is considered the highest honor within the international toll industry. The winner kept under wraps until the announcement at the Annual Meeting & Exhibition.